We received admission to the Great Lakes Science Center to facilitate this review and sweepstakes. Opinions are my own.
I had a Rubik Cube when I was a kid. I never solved it. If I solved two sides, I felt like a genius. It never occurred to me to look up a book in the library, I had friends who were smarter and finished it for me.
Now you can Google how to solve it but, to be honest, I haven't thought about the Rubik cube in years. And, then Beyond Rubik's Cube came to Great Lakes Science Center and my fascination with the amazingly, complicated toy was renewed, but not for me - for my kid. He is so visual. I knew he would love it. I also have four tickets to giveaway at the end of the post to one lucky winner!
GLSC is not lying when they claim that Beyond Rubik's Cube is the "ultimate hands-on exhibit!" It is amazing to see how that little square puzzle has made such an impact on history and how it inspires art, music and poetry. What else can you expect to find:
- Build a giant mosaic
- Create art
- Engineer a musical masterpiece
- Challenge a cube solving robot
- Explore the geometry behind Rubik’s Cube
- Create stunning patterns on a digital screen
- Learn first-hand how a small puzzle became a worldwide phenomenon
- Examine the process of the invention, the math and science of puzzles
- Experiment with different methods of solving the Cube
- Try your hand at various interactive puzzles
- And, would you believe there is more!
It wasn't just him though, my five-year-old could not be dragged away from building her own puzzle.
We spent two and half hours exploring, sharing and playing. It was a perfect way to spend a rainy afternoon.
There was also time to catch a Big Science Show about airflow and to spend time watching the tornado maker.
Having fun at the Great Lakes Science Center (@GLScieneCtr) with #BigScience #thisiscle #passtheplus https://t.co/yeCEAIZVDm— MryJhnsn (@mryjhnsn) July 1, 2015