When I moved away from home my mom gave me one thing - a Betty Crocker cookbook. It was the best gift my mom ever gave me. I could not cook to save my life but I could bake and that cookbook was my baking bible.
The chapters on breads and cookies are so worn that the pages fell out.
I have modified this recipe for zucchini bread over the years but I could not tell you for the life of me the last time I made it. And then my daughter's babysitter asked me to make it for her and she would give me the zucchini. She gave me a great big basket and I went to work.
I made seven loaves, eight mini loaves, and a pan of bars.
I am done baking until Christmas.
Zucchini Bread with Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 tbsps baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 tbsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsps vanilla
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 2/3 cup melted unsalted butter
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray your baking pans. I used mini loaf pans for this.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, eggs, melted butter, zucchini, and vanilla.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and combine slowly with the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Pour into loaf pans and bake for 50 minutes.