It is so hard to believe that I will be forty next year. I don't feel old. Well sometimes I feel old but certainly not thirty-nine much less forty.
I remember crying to a friend that I would be old before I would get married or have kids. I didn’t even want to get married or have kids but my seven year one night stand had gotten married.
That feeling of utter helplessness because life wasn’t stopping while I figured things out was so heavy. All of a sudden I was feeling stifled by some antiquated idea of happily ever after. There was so much I still had to do.
Then life caught up.
39 Things to do (in the year) Before I Turn 40
2. Get a payout from Google Ads. - so very close!
3. Take yoga again.
4. Get my passport.
5. Take a trip.
6. Keep a gratitude journal longer than four months.
8. Toss out all the granny underwear I have acquired and buy pretty panties.
11. Send birthday cards.
12. Tailgate for a football game.
14. Get a tattoo.
15. Go to a concert.
16. Empty the boxes in my basement.
17. Organize the playroom and donate what the kids don’t use.
18. See a musical.
19. Go to the county or state fair.
21. Swim in the ocean.
22. Plant a garden.
23. Take a class.
24. Go rock wall climbing.
30. Surprise my husband.
32. Read forty books. - again, so close!
33. Have a family volunteer day.
34. Complete Candy Crush.
36. Donate blood.
37. Send a message in a bottle.
38. Take a train.
39. Lose 49 pounds.
I've got this.