|Crystal climbed to the top of Angel's Landing in Zion|
Crystal writes about her quest for great food and drink in North East Ohio. Her pictures are mouth watering and I have made more then one reservation based on her recommendations. You don't even have to be from Cleveland to appreciate her blog but if you do make it to our wonderful city, her's is one of the many blogs I would recommended to get a sense of what is amazing and often over looked about Cleveland.
And with out much fanfare...
11 things I Betcha Didn't Know About Me:
- Post these rules
- You must post 11 random things about yourself
- Answer the questions set for you in their post
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
- Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
1. I am a notary public for the state of Ohio.
I have been since last August but it was one of those work related things so I was not exactly excited to have the responsibility. I also was freaked out about the test - which I passed, 100%, but still the process is nerve racking and expensive. Long story short, if you need a notary and are in the downtown Cleveland area, I am your gal.
2. I feel like I am tweeting with a rock-star when my favorite bloggers tweet or mention me.
Yes, I know, it is a little crazy but when my favorite bloggers mention me I get a little giddy.
@mryjhnsn Thanks for participating in our survey!
— Megan Calhoun (@socialmoms) February 9, 2012
3. Oddly, I am shyer on twitter, facebook, etc. then I am in public.
It is so much easier to be embarrassed by speaking and participating in public, face to face, then it is to be on a social website but at least I can face it and laugh it off. It is because of that I am slow to comment but am quick to retweet, like or plus the hell out something I like.
4. I watch Heart of Dixi
No, I am not a thirteen year old girl, but I do feel like it when I watch it.
5. I roll my eyes wherever I read (or hear) that someone is married to their best friend, especially when it is in their "about me" section.
It is not that I don't believe that they believe it, but I wonder, why it must be put out there when it is not relevant to what they are doing. I describe myself as a wife but can't say best friend without gagging. Unless you write about, tweet about or blog about marriage - how is it about you? This confuses me greatly. I also don't think I would want to marry my best friend. I married my lover, a partner and I would even go so far to say one of my closest friends but not my best friend. I also feel like I am being compared to a dog as in "man's best friend" and this gives me great anxiety as well. I took his last name is that not enough? (note: please don't be offended this is my own anxiety issue)
6. I have panic attacks
They were controlled with drugs for years but I have been able to live with the occasional one now sans drugs for a few years now. I did not know I had an issue until I cut back on drinking and - hello! My panic turns to anger so I am not a nice person to be around when it is happening.
7. I have an irrational fear of trying new kitchen appliances
And, yet, when I do get over it, I will find any excuse to grind, chop, pop or make whatever can be done with that appliance.
8. I can't see 3D anything
I am really annoyed with the trend to make everything 3D these days because not only can I not see it but 3D glasses give me a headache.
9. I can't hula
I try and it looks like fun but I could never do a hula hoop.
10. I am a masues school drop out
Sad, I know but I can't memorize anything to save my life and in Ohio, the exams are incredibly hard and riddled with anatomy and physiology questions.
11. I will obsessively listen to one song over and over and over for days on end.
Even when I am not having a panic attack.
And these are the questions (answered) that she had for those tagged in her post...
1. What is the most adventurous thing you have ever eaten?
Nothing. I will try new foods but can't say that anything I have eaten has been an adventure. Now... my girl friend's husband's potato vodka is a whole other story
2. What would your last meal be if you had a say in it?
Irish car bomb cupcakes
3. What is your all time guilty pleasure food?
Salami and cream cheese
4. What are you currently listening to?
5. What is your favorite sport (to play, watch, or both)?
I love to watch hockey and I have started to really enjoy yoga other then that...
6. One thing you are dying to try (this could be anything)
A younger man, just kidding! But, seriously, I am dying to try being rich.
7. Fill in the blank: Food makes me hate myself especially all those wonderful yummy things that are so bad and yet so good.
8. If you could have dinner with just one person, dead or alive, who would it be?
9. What is your "go to" restaurant for taking out of towners?
Melt for lunch and dinner. Two Dads for breakfast and cake.
10. What quote sums up your life right now?
Everything will be okay in the end. If it is not okay, it is not the end.
11. What is your favorite holiday?
New Year's Eve (I've written about here and here)
- Your favorite blog post. Only one and you don't even have to say why if you don't want to.
- What quote sums up your life right now?
- What would your last meal be?
- Last thing you pinned on pinterest? (If you don't use pinterest then last image you used in a blog post)
- Coffee or tea?
- What were you doing, at this time, ten years ago?
- Biggest pet peeve?
- Greatest joy?
- Twitter or Facebook?
- Unusual talent?
- What is the last thing that made you laugh out loud? And, for real, none of that lol business.