I would not normally brag about this because it truly is a dummy proof recipe... Two packages of pizza dough (I use: Betty Crocker Pizza Crust Mix), some butter, Simply Organic Italian Seasoning, cheese (Italian mix of course), pepperoni and marinara sauce to dip it in - you really can not go wrong. With that said... this is by far the prettiest pepperoni bread I have ever made! The crust was a golden brown, the seasoning looked so nice and the cheese just oozed through the slits at the top in the most perfect way... I had to stop and remind myself what I am actually writing about lol. The husband ate half of it before I even finished slicing it - which is always a great compliment. I am now remembering how good it tasted on my tongue...
The pictures just do not do my bread justice but here they are and yes, I drank a nice cold "champagne of beers" beer while I nibbled (read: chowed down).
How I make Pepperoni Bread:
- Make two packages of Betty Crocker Pizza Crust Mix as directed and preheat oven to temperature on the package.
- Once dough has rested - roll it out so it looks like a rectangle.
- Melt about 3 to 4 tablespoons of butter and mix in some Italian Seasoning
- Brush butter and seasoning on to the dough reserving some to brush on top of the bread once you have rolled it.
- Spread pepperoni and then cheese all over the dough.
- From the longest side - carefully roll the dough (I have found that generous amounts of flour on my working surface to start with makes this much easier to do). Pinch the ends and the seam closed.
- Carefully move bread to a cookie sheet with the seam down if possible and you may have to put it at an angle on the cookie sheet.
- Brush the remainder of the butter and seasoning mix on to the top and using a knife, cut a few vents (slits) on the top.
- Bake according to pizza crust directions.
- Enjoy with a side of Pasta Sauce by Dave's Gourmet Organic!