It's 82 degrees all day, every day at Castaway Bay Water Park in Sandusky, Ohio.
I'm shivering as I type and not out of excitement - it's c-o-l-d! I can't help but look longingly at the pictures from our overnight stay at Castaway Bay.
This is the third year that we've traded our winter coats for swimsuits and headed to Sandusky. I swear, each trip out there gets shorter.
We were surprised that the rooms were updated with fun colors and cool photos from Cedar Point!
I feel like we are now indoor water park experts and ready to pass on our expertise.
1. Check-in early, but not too early
Check-in is at 4 PM, but the park is open from 9 AM - 10 PM (unless otherwise noted). Wear your swim suits, check-in, and head to the waterpark! Leave the luggage in the car and come back for it when your room is ready.
I suggest checking in after 2 PM. The park is less crowded. I also suggest throwing your luggage in the car when you check-out and renting a locker for your change of clothing. You can stay until the park closes!
2. Order room service!
Have a pizza party in your room and have it delivered. That seemed like such a luxury, but I found you pay the room service fee either way so you might as well indulge!
3. Sign the kids up for the Birthday Club!
Your kid will get an email a few weeks before their birthday and you have 90 days after their birthday to redeem it for -
- One complimentary Waterpark Day Pass. Present this at the front desk to exchange for one admission wristband. Waterpark hours and availability vary; call 419.627.2500 before your visit. Waterpark will be closed from November 2nd through December 16th.
- One Birthday Fun Pack that includes special offers for our overnight guests. Present this at the front desk during check-in. Birthday Fun Pack is only available to overnight guests. To make reservations, call 877.FUN.SPLASH.
- Birthday Child is FREE when booking a Castaway Bay Birthday Party when 8 or more guests pay regular price. Mention this voucher when making your reservation and present at check-in. Learn more online.
4. Check Out Club Castaway Bay for the Kids
Included with your stay is a slew of fun activities for the kids on dry land! You can grab a daily itinerary at the front desk. While you are there, grab the treasure hunt! Kids who complete it can turn it in at the arcade for a rechargeable game card. Plus, there's a deal for refilling it. Save them for your next trip!
If you can drag your kids out of the pool, join Snoopy and the Gang for karaoke followed by a dance party.
Come back in PJs for a movie and...
... a story with Snoopy!
Tip: if you write a note to Snoopy and include your room number - Snoopy will slip a letter under your door.
5. Get Your Grub on at the Quaker Steak & Lube
You don't even have to leave the building! Quaker Steak & Lube is attached to the resort. We stopped in between craft fun and the arcade before heading home.
6. Adults Can Get Wet, too!
Go down a water slide. splash in the waves, and relax in the hot tub! And, keep your ID with you at all times. Two words - large cans of Twisted Tea!
Enter to win four day passes to Castaway Bay!
Hit refresh if the gleam contest widget disappeared.