The kids and I have been working very hard on how we'll be spending our summer. Many of these things can be done in Anytown, USA. And, many can only be done right here in Northeast Ohio. All are weekends and evenings. Fingers crossed my lottery ticket hits this week.
1. The beach. Yes, Northeast Ohio has beaches and we love to go. My little Daisy even helped clean up Edgewater with Girl Scouts.
2. The pool. My kids aren't the best swimmers, but boy do they love the water.
3. Wow! Wade Oval Wednesdays. I say it every year, but this year will be different.
4. Movies in the park. Any park, but most likely Crocker Park, Lakewood Park or Edgewater Park.
5. Plant a garden.
6. Cedar Point and spend the weekend.
7. Malley's, Menchies, Mitchell's, Sweet Moses, Honey Hut, Handle's, Churned Ice Cream, Tremont Scoops, Mason's Creamery, Ohio City Ice Cream, Piccadilly Artisan Creamery, United Dairy Farmers. Ice Cream Joy, Sweet Spot, Weber’s is Unique, Nelly Belly, DQ, Rosso Gelato, East Coast Original Frozen Custard, Sandy's Frozen Whip - oh, so many choices!
10. Clifton Art Festival
11. Drive-in double feature
12. Branch out at the Cleveland Botanical Garden
13. Edgewater Live
14. Avon Heritage Duck Tape Festival. I swear, this year I will take the kids.
15. Paddle boating in Northcoast Harbor
16. Akron Zoo
17. Binge watch Twin Peaks
18. Star Spangled Spectacular downtown. Fireworks and the Cleveland Orchestra - yes!
19. Irish Cultural Fest at the Berea Fair Grounds
20 Good Time or Nautica Queen
21. Sidewalk chalking
22. The Zoo's all NEW 4-D Theater
23. Watch the sunset on Solstice Steps
24. Put-in-Bay. Alone, with the Hubs.
25. Cuyahoga County Fair
26. Go for a hike
27. Play put-put
29. Lakewood Arts Festival
30. Go down a waterslide
31. Christmas in July
32. Cleveland Flea
33. Find #CMAArtTruck, often
34. Ride the merry-go-round at the zoo
35. Cleveland History Center's Euclid Beach Day July 23
36. See the Christmas Story House
37. See a Lake Erie Crushers game
38. Tour Steamship William G. Mather again
39. Lots of sunshine and laughter