Today, I turn 40.
Yep, the big 4-0!
This year has been challenging with some stress, a loss, a bit of anger and forgiveness, but also some really wonderful, beautiful things.
I am really okay with this whole forty thing. How can I not? I don't have the stresses of youth and the challenges of middle age come with a partner. Plus, I have kids and neither are in diapers so all in all I'd say life is really pretty okay. Not perfect, not great, but very, very - okay. I'm fine with that today.
This year will be better and I am looking forward to New Years. Challenges, changes, and all the other bits that make life interesting.
I'm going to try again. Yes, again, I am going to try and give myself a few more years.
1. Go to Vegas, again.
2. Get a payout from Google Ads.
3. Take yoga, again.
4. Get my passport.
5. Take a trip out of the country.
6. Keep a gratitude journal longer than four months.
7. Laugh more.
8. Toss out all the granny underwear I have acquired and buy pretty panties.
9. Send thank you notes
11. Send birthday cards.
12. Tailgate for a football game.
13. Go to a gun range.
14. Get a tattoo.
15. Go to a concert.
16. Empty the boxes in my basement.
17. Donate what the kids don’t use.
18. See a musical.
19. Go to the county and the state fair.
20. Buy a new bathing suit.
21. Swim in the ocean.
22. Plant a garden.
23. Take a class.
24. Go rock wall climbing.
25. Surprise my husband.
27. Work out 4 times a week, for longer than a month.
28. Watch all the classic Doctor Who on Netflix.
29. Ride a bigger roller coaster.
30. Spend a weekend alone with the husband, in a hotel room.
31. Update my resume. Not looking for another job, just being prepared.
32. Read forty books every year.
33. Have a family volunteer day.
34. Complete Candy Crush.
35. Be more creative.
36. Donate blood.
37. Send a message in a bottle.
38. Take a train.
39. Have a birthday party.
40. Lose 49 pounds.