With Parade the Circle coming up this weekend, I could not resist taking the opportunity to share some photos from our recent trip to the Cleveland Botanical Gardens.
The Botanical Garden is hosting Nature Connects: A LEGO® Brick Experience - special to the Garden this summer only! Through this amazingly creative exhibit of LEGOS the Garden hopes we can "learn about and discover the amazing interconnections in nature through daily interactive indoor and out experiences." The cost is free to members (which we are) or $11 for adults and $6 for kids.
As we were driving to meet up with friends a song about a scavenger hunt came on the kid's radio station and I got way to excited about wanting to do one when we got to the gardens. My kids groaned, loudly. I still think it would be a fun idea. I wish they still made disposable cameras. Or, do they...?
Upon arrival we were given a brochure with a map of this exhibit and you will never guess what was in the handy pamphlet! Yep, a scavenger hunt! I still could not get them excited but, I have all summer to get them to do it at least once.
|left to right: First place for amature, runner up amature, grand prize for proffesonal design, |
runner up for professional design
|build with HUGE bricks overlooking butterflies|
|The older one did not find it as funny as I did when he got the shorter body|
|my favorite out of all of them|
|see you there?|
What you will find at the Garden this summer:
- Encounter 14 astounding LEGO brick sculptures depicting plants and animals, designed and built by certified LEGO professional Sean Kenney. The sculptures are built with 500,000 LEGO bricks and some weigh more than 500 lbs!
- View dozens of "Build Your Own Creation" LEGO nature sculptures created by Cleveland area LEGO clubs and residents.
- Build your own special LEGO creation to take home at our Buy and Build Station
- Learn fascinating facts about the natural world during daily Nature Connects programs in Hershey Children's Garden
- Discover the interesting and wonderful world of bees
- Go on scavenger hunts for live frogs and butterflies
- See the world through the eyes of a dragonfly, witness metamorphosis in-person and play bird beak adaptation games