I am way more embarrassed by what is not in my Frigidaire then what is in my Frigidaire. I would like to show you a picture of a perfect fridge chock full of organic fruits and vegetables and some other high end health food we really can’t afford, but I would have to break into someone else’s house to get that picture.
What I will share of the five things in my fridge are: a stupidly big bag of baby carrots, a few bottles of Slimfast, a bottle of Natalie’s lime juice (to make limeade), leftover pesto with chorizo pasta and pizza bread.
Pizza bread (also called pepperoni bread) is not hard to make per say but it is tedious. You have to make the dough and roll in out, spread out the cheese and roll it up. Despite all of that hard work, it tastes so good and has only five ingredients (if you don’t make the dough from scratch) so it is well worth the effort.
Pizza Bread in 5 Ingredients
- Packaged Dough Mix
- Olive Oil
- Pizza Sauce
- Make the dough as directed and roll it out so it as about ¼ inch thick.
- Cover the dough with mozzarella and top with pepperoni.
- Starting at the longest side, roll the dough until it is a loaf and pinch the ends.
- Drizzle olive oil on top and gently rub it over the loaf. (you can top the oil with basil if so desired or and Italian blend). Slice a few air vents on the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees or until the top is brown.
- Serve with marinara or pizza sauce on the side for dipping.
And of course, while you are making your dinner the kids can make theirs...