I hate resolutions. I mean, I really hate resolutions. Nothing like setting yourself up for failure on the first day of the new year. I love the idea but hate that I am willingly setting myself up for failure. Sure,maybe if I was one of those driven people who loved a challenge I would rise to the occasion. I am not one of those people.
I have decided instead of resolutions, I would make un-resolutions. Yes, I made up a word and sure this is just semantics but it's my blog and I'll do what I want. And what I want, is to unmake myself.
Don't get me wrong, I like myself, for the most part, but there is so much room for growth and isn't that what the resolutions are all about anyway? You may wonder what the difference is and I will just redirect you to the previous paragraph - semantics.
1. DietThis is on so many resolution lists. I know this because after watching TV all day January 1st, there is nothing but diet commercials on the old boob tube. I do need to stop eating like crap and I have to be diligent but, I. am. not. going. on. a. diet.
2. Quantity over QualityIt is not that I don't spend a lot of time with my kids I take them everywhere or nowhere with me. It is usually just us. But, I often wonder if the time we spend is truly quality time.
3. ProcrastinationI will get to this one later.
4. FitnessI hate to be out of breath and sweaty. The idea of loving to work out baffles me but I know it is something that must be done. Baby steps (so I won't be to out of breathy and sweaty).
5. OrganizeI am so unorganized - thoughts, blog, home. The only place I am okay is at work but even than I have to wonder. I will not resolve to be organized but to try to focus on what needs to be done.
Okay, so this is a list of resolutions but what can I do, it is the New Year and I am working towards putting me together.
Resolutions - yea or nay?Have a post? Leave the link in the comments.
The Prompt: 4.) Resolutions. Love’em? Hate’em? Tell us why. Make one? Talk about your resolutions or goals for 2013.