Parenting Rules for Your Baby in the Real World and not Reality TV World
(inspired by Bethenny Frankel's list in November 2011 Parenting Magazine. PS It is not her list I mock but what she writes about each rule that makes me want to gag on my generic spoon)
- Don't compete with other moms - Although I don't have "haters" there are those moms who want to compare every little detail of your child vs theirs and it is exhausting to do that! No child will ever compare to how amazing mine are so why even bother comparing yours with mine?
- You are your child's best parent - unless you are a dead beat but that is a different post and probably a different blog. But, in all seriousness, you know your child the best and if you listen to your instincts you can not go wrong.
- Remember to put your mask on first - In other words, if you are not taking care of yourself, how are you suppose to take care of your family? I think this is the hardest thing to do and I fail at it all the time and I regret my actions afterwards which leads me to...
- Forgiveness is key to being a good parent - This goes not just for the little ankle biters but for yourself, your parents and your significant other. Be quick about it, too, life is short and time with them is even shorter.
- Laugh! - This is completely self explanatory!
Next week - Top 5 Blog Posts That You are Most Proud to Have Written or Read. Can be yours, a favorite blogger or a combination of both.